New York Guardianship Attorney

The Law Office of Patricia A. Powis has offices in Nassau County and Queens County, NY and serves individuals and families with creating and managing Guardianships in NY as well as other NY Estate Planning and Elder Law matters.

For some vulnerable members of our society legal protection may be necessary even after they have entered adulthood.  In these cases, a Guardianship may be established.  In the event that a Guardianship is sought where it is not appropriate Ms. Powis offers strong legal defense of individual rights.   Attorney Powis herself offers personalized service to each case.  The hallmark of her service is her unparalleled commitment to her clients.  This commitment is evidenced by attention to detail, availability and dedicated advocacy.

The Law Office of Patricia A. Powis offers Guardianship Legal Services including:

  • Petitioning for Guardianship within NY state
  • Guardianship Accounting Preparation
  • Transferring Conservatorships and Guardianships from other states
  • Medicaid Planning in Guardianship
  • Guardian Court Compliance
  • Defending the Rights of Individuals
  • Buying a Home for an Incapacitated Person
  • Representation of Guardians
  • Selling Guardianship Property
  • Modification of Guardian Powers
  • Discharge of Guardians

Contact us today if you have questions or need representation. We have Spanish and Mandarin speaking professionals to serve your needs.

Garden City, NY based Guardianship Attorney

The Law Office of Patricia A. Powis is a New York Elder Law Firm serving the needs of clients throughout Queens County, Suffolk County, & Nassau County New York including Bayside, Ridgewood, Glendale, Ozone Park, Whitestone, Corona, Flushing, Bellerose, Floral Park, Hempstead, New Hyde Park, Brookhaven, Islip, Deer Park, Merrick and Smithtown.

© 2024 The Law Office of Patricia A. Powis | Disclaimer
600 Old Country Road, Suite 500, Garden City, NY 11530
| Phone: 516-240-5180

Combat Elder Abuse | Guardianship Mediation | Managing Guardianship Property | Guardianship Outside of NY State | Estate Planning Overview | Guardianship of a Child | Attorney Profile | Make a Payment